Thursday, August 21, 2008

An interesting way to watch the Olympics

Being that the games are in a far away land this time with a 12 hour time difference, the games are a bit harder to watch then say if they were in ...oh, Chicago (hint to the IOC). Last night dive was on, which I think is my favorite sport (though not far behind are gymnastics, swimming, and the occasional rowing-though I watch it all). As a child I was diving at a young age, and then early one morning I was watching the games live from Souel and there was Greg Louganis doing a reverse dive and knocking himself against the board. Ever since then, I've been a bit leery of trying those complicated dives. Anyway, flash forward to jr. high and High school and I dove a bit (until the simple dives were not enough to win and I began coaching). I love coaching and seeing some one accomplish a new dive they never thought they could do. One of my girls was a gymnast and we converted her and 2 years later she qualified for state as a freshman! It was awesome. All this to say, I'm willing to stay up late to watch 5 rounds of this great sport. Because of the time difference I was able to watch the first 2 rounds (which were separated by hours in China). During the 4th round they cut over to the excitement of beach volley ball and I was forced to stay up late to watch the result of round 5. (volley ball was great, don't get me wrong). So now we're sitting in 5th place, and I have to wait another 10 hours to watch the finals, that took place 4 hours ago. Confused yet?? Yes, I looked up the results, and saw scores I use to see! Wow, some good rounds, some not so good rounds, but all in all, it should be a predictable night..no I'm not saying who wins.

Oh and another nice way to watch the games...a glass off good white wine and a tub o mallow pop (*sugary goodness marshmallow popcorn-good thing I spent lots of sweaty time at the gym:)

No comments: